Welcome to Haughton Castle - White Lodge. If you are looking for a romantic break in Haughton Castle then Haughton Castle - White Lodge could offer the perfect romantic holiday accommodation for you.
Romantic Haughton Castle, a Grade I Listed building, dates from the peaceful era of 1260. The Castle faces parkland on one side, and a spectacular view across farmland with the North Tyne below on another. Four cottages on the estate have been converted to provide charming and comfortable holiday homes, two of which can also be booked. Cottage visitors may walk on the Estate land and particularly along the two miles of the North Tyne River which is part of the estate. Please avoid the areas marked 'Private' in front of the castle. The Castle is not open to the public, however the owner is happy to show guests round, subject to it being practicable at the time.
Haughton Castle White Lodge is a recently restored and beautifully refurbished two storey 'pepper pot' cottage situated within easy walking distance of the village pub and shop. There are lovely views across the surrounding countryside and the enclosed garden is bordered by the pretty Humshaugh Burn. A sitting area outside the back door has a garden table and chairs and there is a garden bench on another paved area overlooking the garden and the Humshaugh Burn.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms and one family bathroom.
- Wood burning stove.
- An informal garden leading down to the burn.
- Onsite parking.
- One well behaved dog is welcome (small additional charge).
- Children over 10 years are welcome (unfenced stream in the garden), baby in own moses basket welcome.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Cooker, microwave, fridge and dishwasher.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Deep freeze in utility room.
- TV/DVD player.
- Please note that mobile reception can be unreliable.
- Use of a tennis court by arrangement with the owners, tennis rackets and tennis balls are available.