Welcome to Stone Lodge. If you are looking for a romantic break in Whitchurch then Stone Lodge could offer the perfect romantic holiday accommodation for you.
This property is available to book from 1st September 2019!
Built in the 1830s, this charming Gothic gatehouse was designed by Morrison of Ireland. The lodge was completely restored in 2005, creating an elegant and tasteful holiday home for two. During the restoration, the original exterior stone loggia was incorporated as part of the cottage to create the hall and dining room, and the fireplace in the sitting room was enlarged to house a wood burning stove.
Parts of the original architecture are evident everywhere you look, with the stonework of the loggia painted a warm yellow and the wooden panelling painted a soft, warm shade. As guests at Stone Lodge, you are free to use all the facilities at Combermere, including the tennis courts and croquet lawn. There are plenty of walks and pathways to explore in the estate, and you’re also welcome to go fishing or swimming in the Mere.
Please note, Stone Lodge is ideally suited for couples. If you would like to stay as a family, please explore the other cottages at Combermere Abbey.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- One double bedroom with en-suite shower room.
- One twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
- Family bathroom.
- Wood burning stove.
- Private garden set within the original damson orchard.
- One large dog or two small dogs welcome.
- Private parking available.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Electric oven and hob
- Fridge and freezer.
- Warming oven.
- Separate communal laundry room.
- Flat screen television, DVD player and iPod dock.
- Highchair, cot and stair gate available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- Bicycles available on request.
- Barbecue available on request.
- Fishing and swimming available at the Mere.
- Facilities of the estate available to guests, including lake and pleasure gardens, walled garden and tennis court and croquet lawn.